Helpful Internet Tools for experts
The Internet is mainly based on request-response communication between client and server and structure into protocols. The best way to test these processes is to try it out in practice. This program offers the opportunity to test the most common protocols, painless, without command line frickeling. The following protocols are supported: HTTP, FTP, SMTP, POP3, IMAP, DNS, WHOIS, Ping, Telnet.
The program also offers the following features:
- IP Lookup, to reverse an IP address into a hostname
- Trace, based on Ping, to keep track of all nodes, which passes through a data packet
SSL support is also implemented via OpenSSL. The OpenSSL binaries (libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll) are included for Windows. Just put it together with the executable into the same folder. But keep in mind that the libraries (if available) in the system directory will be used in first place which can lead to version conflicts. OpenSSl binaries for Linux are not included since it almost available in every Linux distribution. But take care about the versions-linking. At the moment following OpenSSL versions for Linux are supported: 1.0.6, 1.0.5, 1.0.4, 1.0.3, 1.0.2, 1.0.1, 1.0.0, 0.9.8, 0.9.7, 0.9.6, 0.9.5, 0.9.4, 0.9.3, 0.9.2, 0.9.1.
This executable is stand-alone. That means, no installation is necessary. All settings will be saved in a *.cfg-file in the same folder if the folder is writable.
- Windows 32-bit: InetTools-Win32bit.zip
- Windows 64-bit: InetTools-Win64bit.zip
- Linux 32-bit: InetTools-Lnx32bit.tar
- Linux 64-bit: InetTools-Lnx64bit.tar
- Version 1.0: Initial version
- Version 1.1: Renamed «IP Lookup» into «IP Reverse», added «IP Lookup»
- Version 1.2: Fixed a bug in Ping
- Version 1.3: Some improvements
- Version 1.4: Added Referer to HTTP
- Version 1.5: Updated OpenSSL for Windows
Categories: Tools Linux Internet Windows